Hyperallergic is seeking a full-time Associate Editor to join our growing team in Brooklyn, NY.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage pitches from writers around the world and present them for feedback at our daily editorial meetings
- Maintain a professional correspondence with publisher, editors, writers, art professionals, and readers
- Maintain an active social media presence to engage with commenters and join in conversations about current issues and published content
- Reach out to new writers and mentor emerging writers eager to write about art for a broad audience
- Help maintain Hyperallergic’s social media presence as needed
- Research images for use in articles and on social media platforms
- Fact-check relevant points to ensure the accuracy of published material
- Attend relevant art and culture events as a representative of Hyperallergic
- Strong communication skills, including email and social media
- Strong understanding of art and culture, particularly material that circulates outside of the mainstream, commercial art world
- An interest in online writing and an understanding of the online ecosystem for journalism and criticism
- Fluency in other languages, particularly Spanish, is an asset
Please provide links to any online publications, Hyperallergic contributions (if any), and social media in Experience Summary.